Washington, DC Family Vacations for All Ages
Washington, D.C. is known foremost as our nation’s capital, home of the White House and where the countries most important decisions are made. The capital area has an abundance of free activities and family friendly attractions that are perfect for travelers that are bringing their children along with them.
Aside from the numerous museums and iconic landmarks just a short Metro ride from Embassy Suites Hotel at the Chevy Chase Pavilion, institutions like the Smithsonian host a diverse calendar of events happening each day of the week. Whether your family is vacationing at our Hilton hotel for a long weekend or an entire week, there is plenty to do for children of all ages.
Fall into Suite Savings
Enjoy discounted parking, complimentary Wi-Fi, two all day metro passes & more!
Embassy Suites Chevy Chase recommends our Double Bed Suites for families or small groups traveling together. In addition to 2 double beds, these hotel accommodations include a queen sleeper sofa and can comfortable accommodate up to 6 guests.
Aside from the numerous museums and area attractions just a short Metro ride from our family hotel in Washington, DC, institutions like the Smithsonian and the downtown area host a diverse calendar of events happening each day of the week. Whether your family is vacationing at our DC hotel for a long weekend or an entire week, there is plenty to do for children of all ages.
Nearby Family Friendly Attractions:
- National Zoological Park: More commonly known as the National Zoo does not charge for admission. Considered to be one of the oldest zoos in the United States and part of the Smithsonian Institution.
- National Mall: National park in Downtown that draws 24 million visitors annually.
- National Air & Space Museum: Smithsonain museum that holds the largest collection of historic aircraft and spacecraft in the world.
- International Spy Museum: Features the largest collection of international espionage artifacts in the nation. Privately own museum located in the Penn Quarter neighborhood of D.C.
- National Museum of African American History and Culture: Opening in September 2016, the latest addition to the Smithsonian family will feature five stories of exhibition space, 34,000 artifacts, a theatre, and a formidable collection of art and photography.
Browse through these local online resources for tips and ideas of family friendly attractions during your weekend getaway to Washington, DC: